Alzheimer’s Autism and Cognitive Impairment Stem Cell Treatment Study (ACIST)
Doctors at The Healing Institute in Margate, FL seek participants with one of the following diseases for an investigatory treatment of the following diseases:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer Dementia
- Vascular Dementia
- Lewy Body Disease
- Lewy Body Dementia With Behavioral Disturbance (Disorder)
- Dementia, Mixed
- Parkinson-Dementia Syndrome
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Huntington’s Dementia
- Wernicke Korsakoff Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Dementia, Multi-Infarct
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autistic Behavior
- Autistic Disorder, Current or Active State
The treatment involves aspiration of the bone marrow from the iliac crest (ridge of the hip bone), then those stem cells isolated from the bone marrow are administered back to the patient through either IV, nasal swab, or both. Those receiving IV bone marrow transplant will additionally receive cranial infrared light therapy. Participation also requires monitoring and retesting at 1,3,6 and 12 months following treatment.
- Be 18 years of age and older
- Have documented cognitive impairment or diagnosis of disease associated with cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Not be pregnant at the time of treatment and should refrain from becoming pregnant for 3 months post treatment.
THE STUDY INVOLVES:
- Prescreening tests to confirm eligibility of the patient to participate.
- Surgical recovery of bone marrow aspirate, an outpatient procedure.
- A delay while the stem cells are derived.
- Return after a preparation period to receive the stem cells either via IV or IV + nasal swab.
- Scheduled cranial infrared light therapy.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) will be assessed at 3,6 and 12 months following the procedure.
LOCATIONS AND CONTACTS:
The study site is The Healing Institute in Margate, FL. Map.
Contact: Steven Levy, MD | 203-423-9494 | [email protected]
MD Stem Cells
Or go online: